Mon 28 Sep 1829
The Committee audited the accounts for the year to April last.
At Wallbridge, Mr Denyer to continue the wall adjoining Mr Robinson’s orchard to join the upper wharf gate and to erect a wall between the towing path and the lower wharf to replace the decaying wooden fence. Irregular parts of the upper wharf to be lowered to enlarge the wharf. Room or shop to be built between the house occupied by Edward Yates and the new wall adjoining the turnpike road. Unsightly erections of coal dealers to be replaced by 3 or 4 small offices.
Messrs Parker & Franklin attended, and the Committee agreed seven recommendations to be put to the General Assembly to promote traffic between Gloucester and London - details given.
No boat of burthen over 35 tons to enter the tunnel with less than four efficient persons on board.
Agreed new hours for entering the tunnel, and penalties for obstructing the tunnel to be strictly enforced.