Minutes Fri 5 Aug 1831

< >

Fri 5 Aug 1831

Summary

The works of the canal were in good order.
The watch house at Eisey Lock was not completed, but the attendance of the lock keeper (who was also helping with the building) had saved much water.
Side pond at Wilmoreway was working well, as was the watch house.
Mr Denyer to investigate dispute over land at Boxwell Springs.
Crane at Cirencester was approved
Horse shed at Cirencester to be repaired.
Stone from the quarry near Cirencester to be removed from the canal.
Condition of towing path bridge at Inglesham referred to Upper Thames Commissioners.
Reservoir at Siddington to be progressed.
Improvements at the steam engine to be investigated.
Mr Parker's further request for reduced tonnage not agreed.
Salt warehouse lately occupied by Mr Baker to be let to Mr George at the same rent as paid by the late tenant.
Room for Mr Daik to be made above the new room for an estimated expence of about £30.
Plantation above the house at Brimscombe to be thinned again.
Tonnage on hay carried as back-carriage to be reduced.
Commendations to Mr Denyer and Mr Jones on their good work for the Company.

< >