Minutes Thu 2 Aug 1832

< >

Thu 2 Aug 1832

Summary

Committee proceeded along the canal and noted the new lock house at Eisey, the bad state of the Inglesham towing path bridge, repairs to the horse shed at Cirencester, the additional room at Mr Darkes at Wallbridge and the bridge to the Island at Brimscombe had not been done.
Present warehouse at Wallbridge to be divided into a stable and a salt house. For the latter Mr Darke to pay a reasonable rent.
Rev Mr Bathurst allowed to pass locks in his own boat free of tolls.
Mr Ferrabee to examine steam engine and advise on possible improvements.
Mr Jones to dig a drain to improve water supply to the engine.
Mr Denyer and Mr Jones reported progress on puddling, lock gate repairs and mudding etc.
Damages to be paid for mud dumped on lock keeper's potatoes.
Company's claim for ownership of land at Boxwell Springs to be progressed.
Ordered that £8 5s 3d be paid to Mr George for the expenses of examining the title of a house occupied by Mr George which was some years back contracted to be sold by the Company to Mr Protheroe and given up owing to a presumed defect therein. Mr George's house to be repaired.
All title deeds in possession of Mr Bevir to be deposited with other deeds at Brimscombe.
General Meeting to consider charging back carriage on traders who sell coal from boats and so do not pay wharfage, and to charge 2s 6d per ton on block freestone carried from Brimscombe below Reading, and salt to the charged the same tonnage to Inglesham as to Latton.
Mr George's house to be repaired.
Mr George's rent for his dock to be reduced
Mr Denyer to consider reducing the rent of Sapperton Mill.
Lord St Germains agent complained about willows being cut. Mr Denyer to investigate.
Mr Franklin's house to be repaired.
Mr George to be paid expenses for accompanying the Committee down the Thames

< >