Minutes Thu 8 Aug 1833

< >

Thu 8 Aug 1833

Summary

Members of the Committee had proceeded along the canal from Lechlade to Brimscombe Port.
List of works done included new lock gates, mudding, bank repairs
Thames Commissioners had repaired Inglesham towing path bridge.
Mr George had given notice he was giving up his house.
Repairs to Mr Franklin's house had been completed.
Mr Denyer to try an easier method of lifting paddles as an experiment.
Wording of the reduction of tonnage on corn and malt passing westwards to be clarified to apply back carriage.
Land at Boxall Springs to be offered to Mr Pollard.
Bridge at the Island has been well reconstructed.
Luke Griffin, carpenter at Thames Head, had applied to have a beer shop - not agreed.
Mr George's bond to be progressed.
Results of the fly-boat trade appearing unsatisfactory - General Meeting to consider.
New cutting had increased the supply of water to the steam engine.
Work at the steam engine was going well. Chivers the engineer needed assistance.
Lays-by to be made for unloading barges between Brimscombe and Wallbridge.
Wharf and watch houses to be repaired and externally washed.
The pound below Latton Bridge required more water. Mr Denyer to ask Lord St German's agent for permission to erect a stank in the River Churn.

< >