The image shows the swing bridge viewed from the south-west, with the lock house on the right. For many years, the lean-to extension to the lock house served as the village Post Office.
In the background is the warehouse, which was not used much for storing cargoes, but its upper floor was used as a meeting room for the Framilode Benefit Society of Watermen whose members were supporters of the temperance movement and did not want to meet in a pub. For a time it was also used as a school room before a National School opened in Framilode.
For Ivor Gurney's connection to Framilode read about the Framilode Lock Keeper.
Since the right of navigation was withdrawn in 1954, the bridge hole has been filled in and the lock house and the warehouse are now private residences.
As the only access to and from Framilode church was across Framilode Bridge, locals say that at one time it was traditional for newly married couples to pay a 'toll' to the lock keeper when crossing his bridge.